Ξ March 18th, 2009 | → 0 Comments | ∇ Canada, events, family, fun activity, government/politics, health/happiness, home, news, Photography, United States |
What can you do?
It is easy! From 8:30 – 9:30 local time turn off all lights and non-essential electrical appliances to support an increased awareness of environmental issues. See below for unique ways to mark Earth Hour 2009 with friends and family.
10 Ways to Mark Earth Hour
- Attend local Earth Hour events or organize one.
- Go outside and look at the stars.
- Find a great viewing spot to see your town or city go dark at 8:30 p.m.
- Take pictures and send them to Your Weather.
- Go for a lantern walk through a park.
- Patronize local restaurants and businesses taking part in Earth Hour.
- Gather your family or friends for a candle-lit dinner.
- Meet your neighbours at a street or block party.
- Have an acoustic music jam.
- Talk to your children about how much electricity your family uses. Brainstorm ways to reduce it.
From the official video source: Official Earth Hour 2009 video. Earth Hour is on March 28th, 2009 at 8:30pm. More at http://www.earthhour.org
Support Earth Hour by making your own video and adding it to our Earth Hour Global group here:
Earth Hour images can be downloaded and shared from our flickr photostream, including Shepard Fairey Vote Earth artwork: http://www.flickr.com/photos/earthhour_global/